Please take time to read all application requirements before starting your submission, including the criteria. Once you have submitted the application, you will no longer be able to make changes. Second-round applications are due no later than Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 5:00 PM Pacific.
All fields are required unless indicated otherwise.
A. The Plan
Here’s your opportunity to provide additional information and details about your work. Be sure to emphasize how your proposed plan aligns with the four traits that will be used to assess each valid application.
Tactics (200 words)
Describe your initiative in greater detail, including specific plans, tactics, and activities for the next 12 months.
Milestones (150 words)
What are the key milestones in implementing your initiative over the next 12 months?
Evaluation (150 words)
How will you evaluate your results and impact? What metrics, outcomes, or other indicators will you use?
Potential Impact (200 words)
What demonstrable and quantifiable impact do you plan to achieve by the end of the 12-month Fellowship? Who—specifically—will this work impact?
Eco-system (200 words)
There are many similar and often duplicative efforts in this work. How does your approach fit into (complement, improve upon, expand) the broader constellation of initiatives and/or build on what already exists?
Long-Term Vision (200 words)
Assume the vision that you shared in Round 1 is realized. What are the ripple effects within and beyond your field? How might others approach this issue as a result?
Use of Funds (100 words)
Everyone has different needs. How will you use the Fellowship award funds in support of your initiative (e.g. salary, convenings, vendors, etc.)?
This is your opportunity to make a more personal connection.
Video Pitch (OPTIONAL)
Please share a short video demonstrating your purpose and commitment. This is optional and not required for submission. Please use the following guidelines if you choose to share a video:
- Your video must be in English.
- Please keep videos to no more than one minute - anything longer won’t be viewed.
- Use your video to share information that hasn’t already been shared via your application.
- Be creative.
Other Video (Optional)
Please list links to up to three (3) additional videos you’d like to share with The Roddenberry Foundation and Evaluation Panel judges. Please note that these videos must also be in English (or include English subtitles).
C. Additional Information to be Provided
If you are selected as a 2019 Roddenberry Fellow, you will be required to provide additional information and to sign a Fellowship Agreement. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Reporting requirements determined at the outset of the Fellowship.
- Agree to attend an all-expenses-paid, in-person convening to meet the cohort and begin to build relationships to support each other's endeavors over the Fellowship and beyond.
- Agree to participate in virtual sessions with subject-matter experts and other well-known activists to learn and share best practices (not to exceed two hours per month).
- Tax determination letter, if applicable.
- If you are not a public charity, a statement that The Roddenberry Foundation grant funds will be spent only for charitable, religious, scientific, literary or educational purposes, and that The Roddenberry Foundation grant funds will not be used for lobbying purposes.