A grand prize of US$1 million in non-dilutive financing, along with five US$100,000 finalist awards, will be granted to early stage ventures—post-seed through series A—that have the potential to substantively change the world.
The Roddenberry Prize seeks to support early stage science and technology ventures—non-profit and mission-driven for-profit entities—that meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Early Stage: we seek early stage ventures that have successfully raised Seed Rounds through Series A financing.
- World Changing: we seek solutions that have the potential to achieve one or more of the 17 U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Scalable: we seek an audacious, far-reaching, and scalable vision to solve a global challenge on the scale of millions of lives.
- Ethical: we support purpose-driven, human-centered, and responsible innovation that reduces inequity.
- Science & Technology based: we are interested in new technologies, discoveries, inventions, or scientific breakthroughs.
Our staff and community of external evaluators, experts, and leaders from across industries and sectors will score applications along the following selection criteria:
- Innovative Technology or Scientific Breakthrough: innovativeness of a new technology, discovery, invention, or scientific breakthrough.
- Potential for Real-World Impact: we’re interested in solutions that have potential for radical, game-changing impact.
- Scalability: we’re interested in ventures that have the potential to be scaled to affect the lives of millions (if not billions) of people.
- Relevance: the solution is aligned with one or more of the SDGs and addresses a recognized and urgent issue that affects a significant population.
- Track Record: though early stage, the applicant has demonstrated some success, achieved tangible milestones, and proven their expertise in their field.
To nominate ventures, please complete the form below with your contact information and nominations. You can nominate multiple organizations by clicking the + button towards the end of the form. If you have any questions or issues, please email us at email@example.com.